Heavenly Eyes 4: The Haunted Building
CHAPTER 3
13.
They thought that since it was an incident from over thirty years ago, it would be difficult for me to find anything.
Heh! Youngsters!
I have cheats.
“Shao Lanxuan, help me look up information on XX Building, and also anyone surnamed Fu…”
Three minutes later, all the information was sent to my phone.
Surprised? My childhood friend is the CEO!
Shao Lanxuan must have been in a meeting, because after sending the information he asked, “Shen Tongtong, why are you looking into all this? Don't do anything dangerous, or I'll tell your brother!”
He didn't even finish his sentence before I hung up.
Hilarious! I'll solve this quickly, Shen Chen will never know!
This building was indeed built by a real estate developer surnamed Fu back then.
But shortly after the building's completion, he went abroad.
The current owner, Fu Ziming, is that man's grandson, and he inherited the building not long ago.
Looking at the young man before me, who is about my age, I couldn't help but sigh inwardly.
Different people, different fates. We're all young people, yet some are working part-time as security guards, earning only five thousand a month.
Others own a whole building, achieving financial freedom just from rent.
“Shen Tong classmate?”
Seeing me in a daze, Fu Ziming couldn't help but wave his hand in front of my face.
He's a very handsome guy, with neatly trimmed short hair, a simple white sweatshirt and a dark blue denim jacket.
He has beautiful eyes, though they're monolids, they're not small, and when he smiles, he has a dimple on one side of his cheek, but not the other.
Hearing the way he addressed me, I was a little puzzled. “You are...?”
Fu Ziming smiled, “It's understandable that you don't remember me. You have so many friends, and you always have people around you.
I was also at the First High School. I was in Class Eight, in the same teaching building as you. We even often ate in the same cafeteria.”
Fu Ziming's words sent a chill down my spine.
Does he know what he's saying?
What does he mean, ‘You have so many friends, and you always have people around you’?
With my constitution, I can't afford to make friends with ordinary humans.
The people around me are either spirits who want my help, or evil spirits who want to take over my body.
Thinking about this, I frowned and looked at Fu Ziming: “You can see them?”
Fu Ziming was stunned. “See what? See what?”
I pointed to Jiang Mingyue beside me: “This one.”
Then I pointed to Xia Shang on the other side: “And this one.”
Fu Ziming: “Your two friends... their costumes are quite unique. Are you guys going to a cosplay event?”
Young man! That's a dangerous thought!
14.
We were supposed to meet at a library cafe.
I didn't expect Fu Ziming to be able to see Xia Shang and Jiang Mingyue, and what's more, he seems unaware of his ability to see them.
To avoid attracting attention, I immediately pulled Fu Ziming away.
“That... I need to talk to you, this isn't convenient. Let's go!”
Fu Ziming, his hand held by me, blushed slightly.
“You... your friends are still watching. Isn't this inappropriate?”
Me: “Staying here would be even worse.”
Only after leaving the cafe and reaching a quiet park did I release Fu Ziming's hand.
Fu Ziming's face was completely red by now.
“Shen Tong classmate, what exactly do you want to talk to me about?”
I thought to myself, this kid's skin is so thin.
I asked, “Is XX Building your family's property?”
Fu Ziming nodded. “Yes, it was left to me by my grandfather.”
I said, “I worked part-time as a night security guard in that building during the summer. Do you know that building is haunted?”
Fu Ziming's smile faltered, and he looked towards Jiang Mingyue and Xia Shang.
“Shen Tong classmate, don't joke around. It's broad daylight, where would there be…”
Me: “Don't look at them, they're also…”
Xia Shang and Jiang Mingyue were incredibly cooperative.
One began to emanate black energy, the other's hair and nails grew wildly, dancing in the wind.
That day, Fu Ziming's screams echoed through the small park.
A few short minutes, a lifetime to heal.
It took him a long time to accept that he was a person with psychic abilities; an eighteen-year-old boy, crying like a heartbroken puppy.
“So you mean... the ones I saw following you before... they weren't human? Those two... aren't human either?”
Actually, I found it strange too.
Even the most obtuse person wouldn't remain completely oblivious to something like this, right?
After asking about his college entrance exam scores, I understood.
“Sometimes, people need your kind of obliviousness to live!”
I explained to Fu Ziming why I’d come looking for him.
Fu Ziming suddenly realized, “No wonder! People always said the elevator in that building had a malfunction and asked us to send someone to repair it. So that's the reason!”
His monolid eyes, clear and naive, turned to Jiang Mingyue. “So you're my grandfather's mistress from back then?”
Is that something you can just say???
Sure enough, Jiang Mingyue instantly exploded.
“You brat, you're asking for it!!!”
Sometimes, being too obtuse isn't a good thing.
15.
Jiang Mingyue really gets angry too easily. I had to tie her up with a red rope before she would calm down and stay put.
But Fu Ziming's words clearly angered her.
She kept baring her teeth at him, trying to scratch his face with her nails.
Xia Shang held a knife to her neck, lazily threatening, “So aggressive, looks like I'll just eat you then!”
Fu Ziming sat beside me, clutching my sleeve tightly. “Shen Tong, are you sure she won't kill me?”
Me: “With me here, she probably won't. But when I'm not around, whether she'll retaliate against you... I don't know.
So you need to take us to your grandfather, and make him tell us if he killed Jiang Mingyue.”
Fu Ziming looked at us with some difficulty.
“My grandfather had a stroke two years ago and is now bedridden and unable to speak.
Also, this building is very old and has been included in the government's demolition project. It should be demolished by the end of the year.”
Hearing this, Jiang Mingyue went wild, struggling frantically.
“It's going to be demolished? Where will I go then? He said the 19th floor was a gift for me!
That's my house, you have no right to demolish it!”
I thought I was mediating a case of unfinished human-ghost business.
I didn't expect it to be a demolition crew versus a stubborn resident.
Jiang Mingyue has been dead for so many years, but Fu Ziming's grandfather once promised to give her the nineteenth floor of the building.
Although there was no contract or document, people often say that words are worth a thousand gold. An unspoken promise can become a curse.
This curse became Jiang Mingyue's obsession, trapping her in place for over thirty years, preventing her from moving on.
Fu Ziming clearly realized this too, and timidly looked at Jiang Mingyue.
“Although I don't know why you died, my grandfather was a good person, I believe he wouldn't kill anyone! I'll take you to see my grandfather.”
Fu Ziming's grandfather had been living abroad, and only returned to a nursing home in China after suffering a stroke two years ago. His parents brought him back.
Usually, Fu Ziming's grandmother and a caregiver looked after him.
Fu Ziming's grandmother's name is Wang Huiming, a dignified and elegant old lady.
She's in her seventies, but looks like she's only in her early sixties.
Dressed in a black velvet cheongsam and a knitted shawl, she has a very refined air about her.
Seeing Fu Ziming arrive, Grandma Fu was very pleased.
“Ziming, what brings you here to see your grandfather and grandmother today?
Your parents said you've finished your procedures for studying abroad, and that you should go out more and spend time with your friends.”
Fu Ziming pointed at me. “Grandma, this is my classmate. I... I wanted to bring her to see Grandpa.”
Grandma Fu looked at me, paused for a moment, then happily grabbed my hand.
“You're Ziming's girlfriend, right? This boy, he got a girlfriend and didn't even tell us!”
16.
I don't know how Fu Ziming's grandmother figured out that I was his girlfriend.
But Fu Ziming didn't deny it. I figured it was a temporary measure on his part, so I cooperated obediently.
“Yes, Grandma, Ziming said it's his first girlfriend, and he wanted to bring me to see Grandpa and Grandma.”
After Grandma Fu found out about my background, her enthusiasm doubled.
“You're the eldest granddaughter of the Shen family? Your grandmother and I were good friends! It's a pity she passed away so early.
I never expected we'd have the chance to become family. What a wonderful coincidence!”
I don't actually have much of an impression of my grandmother. My only memory is her black and white portrait at her funeral.
However, she was stubborn, traditional, and favored sons over daughters. There weren't many people who could be her friend.
I could only use a smile to ease the awkwardness. “Hehehe... My grandmother would be very happy to know you remember her so fondly.”
After a few more pleasantries with Grandma Fu, we finally entered Fu Ziming's grandfather's ward and saw him lying in bed after his stroke.
Although Fu Ziming's grandfather had a stroke and had been bedridden for several years, he was still conscious.
I don't know if he saw Jiang Mingyue, but his eyes widened instantly, he made sounds like ‘ah ah’, and saliva immediately dribbled down the corner of his mouth.
Fu Ziming's grandmother immediately went over and wiped his mouth with a handkerchief.
“Oh dear! Look at you! I know you're excited to see your grandson bring home a girlfriend, but you don't have to make such a mess of yourself! Don't make the young lady laugh at you!”
Jiang Mingyue, however, was even more excited than the bedridden Mr. Fu.
“Fu... Fu Haisheng?”
I was stunned. “Didn't you... not remember his name?”
Jiang Mingyue became even more agitated.
“You... how did you get so old??? And I, I'm still as beautiful as a flower!”
Me: “Uh…”
Fu Ziming: “...”
Xia Shang: “Can't we really just eat this thing?”
17.
Our unusual behavior caught Grandma Fu's attention.
She looked at me strangely. “Ziming, what was Tongtong saying just now? Grandma didn't understand a word.”
Fu Ziming trembled looking at the enraged and black-hearted Jiang Mingyue.
But he also knew that Jiang Mingyue wouldn't give up until this matter was resolved.
He could only ask, “Grandma, actually... have you ever heard the name Jiang Mingyue?”
After all, it was more than thirty years ago. Grandma Fu might not know that Fu Ziming's grandfather had a mistress.
Unexpectedly, upon hearing this, Grandma Fu's expression changed drastically. “Ziming, you! How did you know that name?”
Fu Ziming, that guy, is terrible at lying.
Immediately, he nervously looked at me, his eyes filled with panic.
Seeing this, Grandma Fu seemed to understand something. She frowned at me, her eyes full of scrutiny.
“You're not Ziming's girlfriend? You're here because of that woman named Jiang Mingyue?”
It seemed that the name touched upon some unpleasant memory. Grandma Fu, abandoning her previous kindness and amiability, unceremoniously threw us out.
She also warned me, “If you're Ziming's girlfriend, we welcome you to visit, but if it's because of that woman, please don't come again!
Haisheng is already like this, why won't that woman let him go?”
Hearing this, I felt a strange feeling in my heart.
What did Grandma Fu mean by ‘won't let him go’? Does she know that Jiang Mingyue died more than thirty years ago?
Jiang Mingyue, beside me, was naturally going crazy.
“Let him go? Impossible! He made me suffer so much, I will absolutely not let him go!”
I looked at Jiang Mingyue, and moved my lips, wanting to say, “He's already like this, whether you let him go or not, it doesn't seem to make much difference.”
But Grandma Fu had given us the boot, so we could only temporarily retreat.
Jiang Mingyue didn't want to leave, and Xia Shang had to hold a knife to her neck to get her out.
But that kid Xia Shang is incredibly unreliable. Once outside the ward, he saw something and disappeared without a trace.
Fu Ziming asked me strangely, “Where did he go?”
I looked up and saw two people, dressed in black and white robes, floating towards us, and instantly understood why Xia Shang ran away.
Ignoring Jiang Mingyue's struggles, I wrapped her up with red thread, stuffed her into my sleeve, and pulled Fu Ziming out of the hospital building.
Comments
Post a Comment