Time-Travel: The Tragic Cannon Fodder Female Supporting Character Makes a Comeback
CHAPTER 110: The 1980s Villain’s Biological Mother (3)
Even things like food, drinks, and daily necessities were taken by them, not to mention the original host’s husband’s salary.
After he died, even the compensation money was taken away. For all these years after marrying in, she had never once held real money in her hands.
Mu Shuhui could not help but feel frustrated on the original host’s behalf. Her husband had treated her well, yet because of that, she had silently endured all the unfair treatment from the in-laws without ever saying a word, afraid it would strain the relationship between her husband and his family.
Was she just too well protected growing up, or simply too love-blind? Either way, it was painfully spineless.
Mu Shuhui changed the bedsheets and bedding, then placed the dairy products and dried beef into the cabinet. The two children were all skin and bones, so they could use the nutrition.
The room instantly looked much cleaner and fresher.
Looking at the two dark, thin little kids, Mu Shuhui decided they definitely needed a proper wash before sleeping.
She pointed and instructed, “Chaoyang, once you finish eating, go boil some water. Wash yourself first. I’ll bathe Er Ya later.”
Wang Chaoyang had not heard his name used in a long time. He froze for a moment when he heard it.
When he came back to his senses, he looked at his mother in front of him and felt that she had changed so much.
She used to be timid and silent, barely daring to speak up. So why was she suddenly acting so strong and decisive now?
He let out a cold snort. “You don’t need to bother. You should be thinking about how you’re going to explain things to them when they get back.”
Mu Shuhui let out a laugh from anger and amusement. “You little thing, you’re not even as tall as my waist, yet you talk like an adult.”
She reached out and patted Er Ya, who was happily munching on a piece of peach pastry, then said gently, “Since we’re going to talk, let’s talk properly. Before this, I was fooled by your grandparents’ lies. They kept saying I brought bad luck and caused your father’s death. I was afraid I would bring harm to you two, so I stayed away from you.”
“But now I understand. This whole family is rotten. Those two old ones only know how to bully us. You two are my children. I will treat you well from now on. I will never abandon you again. From now on, the three of us will rely on each other.”
As soon as she said that, both children quietly looked at her.
Mu Shuhui pulled them both into her arms. “Mom won’t lie to you. From now on, wherever I go, I’ll take you with me. If you don’t like this place, we’ll move somewhere else. We will never deal with these disgusting people again.”
Er Ya’s eyes turned red. She wrapped her arms around her mother and started crying. “I want to stay with Mom.”
The boy said nothing. His body was stiff where she held him, and his eyes stung a little. He kept his head down hard, forcing back his tears.
Even though something inside him had already cracked open, he still stubbornly said, “You’re definitely lying to us.”
The next second, he got a light flick on the forehead.
Mu Shuhui did not use much force. She even ruffled his messy hair. “Why would I bother lying to you? What do you even have that’s worth me scheming for? If you don’t believe me, just wait and see. From now on, you can be the one to keep watch.”
Little crybaby Er Ya still had tears hanging in her eyes. Seeing her brother’s hair turned into a messy bird’s nest by their mother, she could not help but giggle.
Wang Chaoyang’s face flushed red. He quickly swatted her hand away and fixed his hair in a hurry.
Still stubborn, he muttered, “Who told you to mess up my hair?”
“I’m your mother. You came from me. What’s wrong with messing with your hair? Look at you acting all tough.”
Mu Shuhui held him down and gave him a good messy ruffle, even pinching the back of his neck lightly. “So? Are you going to admit defeat?”
Wang Chaoyang’s face and neck turned completely red. He had never been this physically close to his mother before, and he was so frustrated he could barely speak, just stubbornly stiffening his neck while trying to push her away.
With Mu Shuhui’s 160-plus jin build, holding down a small kid like him was effortless. There was no way he could escape her grasp.
Er Ya covered her mouth and giggled, then called out loudly to her brother, “Brother, just give in to Mom already!”
“I won’t!”
Wang Chaoyang dodged suddenly. Like a slippery little fish, he broke free from her hands, not even looking back as he rushed outside.
Mu Shuhui just smiled, wiped Er Ya’s mouth for her, and prepared to find scissors to trim the child’s messy hair.
Then, from outside, came an awkward voice. “I’ll boil the water. I’ll bathe Er Ya later. No need for you.”
Mu Shuhui smiled and replied, “Just make sure the water is warm, not too hot or she’ll get burned. Wash your hair properly, and clean your hands and feet too, including your nails. I’ll check later. If it’s not clean, no one gets on the bed.”
There was no reply from outside, though she vaguely heard a soft huff.
Mu Shuhui did not bother with him after that. In her memories, both children had matured far earlier than other kids their age. They already knew how to do chores at such a young age, so she was not worried about simple washing and cleaning.
Just then, a loud bang echoed from the courtyard.
“You little curse, what are you causing trouble for now! It’s already dark out. Did your mother even cook dinner?”
“Mom, look at the chimney, there’s not even smoke coming out. That lazy bitch definitely still hasn’t gotten up. Those two little brats are just as useless. The whole mother-and-kids trio are all lazy freeloaders.”
“Grandma! Who threw my stuff outside?!”
The courtyard instantly exploded into chaos.
Er Ya started trembling in fear instinctively. Mu Shuhui pulled the little girl into her arms and patted her soothingly, stuffing some snacks into her hands and telling her to stay inside and not come out.
Then she casually picked up the scissors she had been using to trim Er Ya’s hair and walked outside.
“Where’s that little bitch Mu Shuhui?!”
The family had gone to the mud hut to look for her. When they did not find her there, they stormed back out and grabbed Wang Chaoyang, demanding answers.
Right then, Mu Shuhui stepped out.
The entire Wang family immediately turned toward her.
“You shameless little bitch, what were you doing in Chaoyang’s room?!”
“I think you’re trying to rebel! Old man, go get the cane. Let’s see if I don’t beat some sense into this jinx today!”
Relying on her large build, Mu Shuhui drove her elbow forward hard, instantly knocking the two people charging at her straight onto their backsides.
The others angrily rushed to grab tools, but Mu Shuhui waved the scissors wildly right in front of them.
“Come on then! Anyone who’s not afraid of dying, step forward! If I stab one of you, I break even! I’m doing the heavens a favor today!”
“Ahhh!”
“Have you gone insane?!”
The group was instantly terrified, afraid they might really get stabbed.
The two people on the ground scrambled up in panic, rolling and crawling as all four of them fled straight out the gate.
Mu Shuhui calmly lowered the scissors, then waved toward the stunned little boy standing nearby. “Chaoyang, come here.”
Wang Chaoyang walked over blankly, clearly still shaken by what he had just seen.
Mu Shuhui rubbed his head gently. “Alright, go inside and stay with your sister. Mom will handle the rest.”
Then, casually spinning the scissors in her hand, she walked into the courtyard and shouted toward the people gathered outside the gate:
“Listen carefully! I already walked through hell once, so I’m not afraid of dying anymore. You’d better shut your mouths and behave yourselves. If any of you dare bully the three of us again, I’ll kill you all! Don’t believe me? Then try me and see.”
The four of them were so furious their chests practically burned with rage, but not a single one dared provoke this lunatic any further. The way she had gone crazy just now, she genuinely looked ready to kill someone. Nobody wanted to be on the receiving end of those scissors.
Seeing that none of them even dared make a sound, Mu Shuhui’s eyes filled with ridicule.
Pointing the scissors at them one by one, she sneered, “As for the freeloader mooching meals here, either move into the mud hut or get the hell out.”
The eldest brother-in-law's son, Wang Chaoyang… no, Wang Erzhu, the one who had stolen someone else’s name, twisted his neck stiffly before turning around and bolting.
He did not dare stay there another second.
He wanted to go home!
Comments
Post a Comment